Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Green Chile Chicken Chimichangas


I wanted to make something simple that I can just throw in the crockpot and forget about it. Everytime my husband and I go out to eat to a Mexican Reaturant I always end up getting a Chimichanga and I have been hunting for the perfect tortillas to make chimichangas. And I think I finally found them. They are from local bakery called Alejandro's and I was able to find them at Wal-mart :) they perfectly thin but not too thin. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
• 3 Chicken Breasts.
• 1 packet of McCormick Chicken Taco.
• 3 small cans of Hot Ortega Green Chiles.
• Burrito size Tortillas
• Vegtable Oil, for frying.

For Salsa:
• 4 Roma Tomatoes 
• 1 JalapeƱo
• 1 tablespoon of Chicken Boullion

Place chicken in crockpot.


Mix McCorminck packet according to the directions on the back and spread evenly on top of chicken. 



Next, open green chiles and spread evenly as well.



Place lid on crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours. Always remember NEVER to open the lid on a crockpot! No matter how good it smells!


For the salsa, not pictured, but if you want to see step by step click below, I show step by step in my Chile Rellenos Recipe. 

http://undoubtedlydelicious.blogspot.com/2014/04/chile-rellenos-with-mexican-rice.html

When chicken is done preheat oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees and shred chicken with two forks. Once shredded, take a tortilla and place chicken in the middle roll into a burrito and fry until golden brown. 


Finally, garnish as you wish. We did guacamole, sour cream, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and salsa. It was undoubtedly delicious. 



Enjoy! 









No comments:

Post a Comment