Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Roasted Poblano Chicken Alfredo

I

I love chicken Alfredo! I used to make this all the time when I was pregnant. Only difference was that I used to use the jar Roasted Poblano Alfredo Sauce, but... I can't seem to find it anywhere! So I deceided to recreate my own and let me tell ya--it was undoubtedly delicious! Let's begin!

Ingredients: 
• 1 Poblano Pepper
• 1/2 of onion 
• 1 tablespoon of Garlic
• Broccoli
• 16 oz of Heavy Cream
• 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese 
• 1 Egg 
• 2 boneless Chicken breasts, cut in half.
• Panko Bread Crumbs
• Dried Parsley (or Fresh)
• Angel Hair Pasta (I like it all the thin pastas better.) 


To begin, turn on a roasting pan and roast your pepper. And repeat the same steps as my previous post (Chile Rellenos) 


Once roasted, peeled and seeded place in a blender with a little water and blend until smooth. Set Aside. ( Not pictured.) 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Now in my home it is just my husband and I so I just use two chicken breasts and slice them in half that way we have four. (Great money saver by the way.) 



Beat one egg and dip one breast in egg and coat with bread crumbs and place in an oven safe pan, preferably a non-stick pan, and cook for 15 minutes exactly (if slice in half) 



Steam your broccoli al dente and set aside.
Cut your onion in this thinly and in a big sauce pan place 1 tablespoon of butter and caramelize your onions and garlic. 




Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan start to simmer 16 oz of heavy cream. When simmering add salt, pepper, parsley, roasted poblano pepper and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese stirring with a whisk quickly. Once every thing is incorporated pour in pan with onions and add your broccoli. 



By this time your chicken should be done, let it rest 5-10 minutes so you don't let the juices out and slice into strips and plate! 















No comments:

Post a Comment